The Bachmann Trains Durango and Silverton N Scale Ready to Run Electric Train Set is based on the Durnago & Silverton Narrow Guage railroad at Durango, Colorado.
The line was originally constructed to haul silver and gold ore from Southwest Colorado's San Juan Mountains, however the beautiful scenic value of this area was quickly recognized and a passenger service was started.
This fine train set from Bachmann Trains does absolute justice to this train service. The 0-6-0 locomotive is details as is the tender and old time coaches. This set would be a welcome addition to any budding young model train enthusiast.
The features and details for the Durango and Silverton N Scale train set are:
- Complete ready to run train set.
- Powered by an 0-6-0 steam locomotive and tender
- 34" x 24" oval of nickel silver E-Z Track
- Power pack and speed controller
- N Scale Train set
- Complete Set - Everything you will need to build your own railroad
- Conforms with the NMRA (National Model Railroad Association) standards for N Scale - 1:160
Once you get this set home there is nothing more you will need to have it up and running.